Tuesday, March 17, 2009

ALL TWITTERED OUT

Just a few random thoughts from my head tonight. I am working really hard on picking up new clients and networking in the Portland metro. Starting over SUCKS--

Anyway, in an effort to get more out of my Internet networking skills, I decided (like half the known universe) to start to TWITTER---and you know what I have discovered? Everyone on Twitter is there to get people to pay attention to them and to buy their product or service---so it becomes a very odd circle of people trying to get the attention of people who are simply there trying to get the attention of people who are there to get the attention of people who are there....


Like Bend, Oregon. It is a town made up of construction workers building homes for new construction workers who move to town to build homes of more construction workers....it's chaos.


So I think I am done with twitter. I have YET to see any value other than knowing that I have "X" number of people following me who have ZERO intention to become a client or even care to try to understand what I am doing....


I think I like the old days of hanging around a golf course with a stack of business cards waiting for someone to ask what my logo on my shirt means--and then WHAM!---NEW CLIENT!


See you out there!


Kit